12 September 2017 in Braunschweig
For the fourth time researchers and users meet in Braunschweig to exchange ideas on the latest developments on the topic of structural fire engineering – Eurocode design. Due to the enhanced demand the former workshop is carried out as a symposium. The symposium is an effectively scientific supplement to the Braunschweiger Brandschutz-Tage following directly. As last year, scientists, especially young researchers but also engineers of structural design and fire protection with practical experience in structural fire engineering and numerical simulations will be discussing current problems of the structural fire engineering. In addition to scientific issues, such as the development of new models and research in the field of material properties, the focus of the event should be the application of structural fire engineering.
The symposium will provide an opportunity especially to present the following topics to discuss and exchange ideas:
- Fire scenarios and design fires
- Numerical simulation of fire impact on components and structures
- Numerical simulation of the thermal behaviour as well as the structural and deformation behaviour of components exposed to fire
- High temperature material properties
- Overall structural behaviour under fire exposure
- Validation and verification
- Risk methods and safety concepts
- Application examples of structural fire engineering
Please send an abstract by email to email@example.com until
15 April 2017 30 April 2017. The contributions are accepted in German or English language.
The function of the scientific board is the academic monitoring of the symposium and the assessment of the submitted abstracts and papers.
Members of the Scientific Board are:
- Professor Faris Ali, University of Ulster, UK
- Prof. Dr. Mario Fontana, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Prof. i. R. Dr.-Ing. Dietmar Hosser, TU Braunschweig, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Björn Kampmeier, Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal, Germany
- Dr.-Ing. Christoph Klinzmann, hhpberlin Ingenieure für Brandschutz, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Mensinger, TU München, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Schaumann, LU Hannover, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jochen Zehfuß, TU Braunschweig, Germany