The submission deadline for 2016 has expired.
For the third time researchers and users meet in Braunschweig to exchange ideas on the latest developments on the topic of structural fire engineering – Eurocode design. The workshop is an effectively scientific supplement to the Braunschweiger Brandschutz-Tage following directly. As last year, scientists, especially young researchers but also engineers of structural design and fire protection with practical experience in structural fire engineering and numerical simulations will be discussing current problems of the structural fire engineering. In addition to scientific issues, such as the development of new models and research in the field of material properties, the focus of the event should be the performance of structural fire engineering – Eurocode design recently established as an approved method by the building authorities.
The workshop will provide an opportunity especially to present the following topics to discuss and exchange ideas:
- Fire scenarios and design fires
- Numerical simulation of fire impact on components and structures
- Numerical simulation of the thermal behaviour as well as the structural and deformation behaviour of components exposed to fire
- High temperature material properties
- Overall structural behaviour under fire exposure
- Validation and verification
- Risk methods and safety concepts
- Application examples of structural fire engineering
Please send an abstract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until
15 May 2016. The Contributions are accepted in German or English language.
The function of the scientific board is the academic monitoring of the workshop and the assessment of the submitted abstracts and papers.
Members of the Scientific Board are:
- Professor Faris Ali, University of Ulster, UK
- Prof. Dr. Mario Fontana, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. i. R. Dietmar Hosser, TU Braunschweig, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Björn Kampmeier, Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal, Germany
- Dr.-Ing. Christoph Klinzmann, hhpberlin Ingenieure für Brandschutz, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Mensinger, TU München, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Schaumann, LU Hannover, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jochen Zehfuß, TU Braunschweig, Germany
Participation fee and registration:
The participation fee is € 80. It includes the digital available conference documents and refreshments during breaks. It will be charged with the confirmation of your registration and account.
Cancellation is free of charge until 15 August 2016. In case of later cancellation or nonattendance the fee are not refundable.
You are requested to apply in time, preferably online on the website of the Braunschweiger Brandschutz-Tage. Here you receive also further information regarding the event and accommodation in Braunschweig.