We have extended the deadline for abstracts until 15-05-2017. Please send your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
in 2014 the first workshop Structural Fire Engineering was successfully performed with over 120 participants. Also, the 2nd and 3rd workshops were successful events. Due to the enhanced demand the former workshop is carried out as a symposium in the 4th edition. The great interest shows us that the symposium will provide a forum for discussion in the field of structural fire engineering. We hope that we can offer an attractive program in 2018 and look forward to your participation.
Please find enclosed the announcement and the call for papers for the symposium Structural Fire Engineering which will be held at 18 September 2018 in Braunschweig in addition to the Braunschweiger Brandschutz-Tage.
18 September 2018 in Braunschweig
For the fifth time researchers and users meet in Braunschweig to exchange ideas on the latest developments on the topic of structural fire engineering – Eurocode design. Due to the increased demand, the topic of fire scenarios and design fires is given a wider scope. The symposium is an effectively scientific supplement to the Braunschweiger Brandschutz-Tage following directly. As last year, scientists, especially young researchers but also engineers of structural design and fire protection with practical experience in structural fire engineering and numerical simulations will be discussing current problems of the fire safety engineering. In addition to scientific issues, such as experimental investigations, development of new models and research in the field of material properties, the focus of the event should be the application of structural fire engineering.
The symposium will provide an opportunity especially to present the following topics to discuss and exchange ideas:
- Fire scenarios and design fires
- Numerical simulation of fire impact on components and structures
- Numerical simulation of the thermal behaviour as well as the structural and deformation behaviour of components exposed to fire
- High temperature material properties
- Overall structural behaviour under fire exposure
- Validation and verification
- Risk methods and safety concepts
- Application examples of structural fire engineering
Please send an abstract by email to email@example.com until 30 April 2018. The contributions are accepted in German or English language.
The function of the scientific board is the academic monitoring of the symposium and the assessment of the submitted abstracts and papers.
Members of the Scientific Board are:
- Professor Faris Ali, University of Ulster, UK
- Prof. Dr. Mario Fontana, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Prof. i. R. Dr.-Ing. Dietmar Hosser, TU Braunschweig, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Björn Kampmeier, Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal, Germany
- Dr.-Ing. Christoph Klinzmann, hhpberlin Ingenieure für Brandschutz, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Mensinger, TU München, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Schaumann, LU Hannover, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jochen Zehfuß, TU Braunschweig, Germany
Participation fee and registration
The participation fee is € 90. It includes the digital available conference documents and refreshments during breaks. It will be charged with the confirmation of your registration and account.
Cancellation is free of charge until 15 August 2018. In case of later cancellation or nonattendance the fee are not refundable.
You are requested to apply in time, preferably online on the website of the Braunschweiger Brandschutz-Tage. Here you receive also further information regarding the event and accommodation in Braunschweig.