Symposium Safety Design – Structural Fire Engineering
05th september 2023 as a physical meeting
For the eigth time researchers and users meet in Braunschweig to exchange ideas on the latest developments on the topic of structural fire engineering – Eurocode design. The symposium is an effectively scientific supplement to the Braunschweiger Brandschutz-Tage following directly. It distinguish itself that scientists, especially young researchers but also engineers of structural design and fire protection with practical experience in structural fire engineering and numerical simulations will be discussing current problems of the structural fire engineering. In addition to scientific issues, such as experimental investigations, development of new models and research in the field of material properties, the focus of the event should be the application of structural fire engineering.
The symposium will provide an opportunity especially to present the following topics to discuss and exchange ideas:
- Fire scenarios and design fires
- Numerical simulation of fire impact on components and structures
- Numerical simulation of the thermal behaviour as well as the structural and deformation behaviour of components exposed to fire
- High temperature material properties
- Overall structural behaviour under fire exposure
- Validation and verification
- Risk methods and safety concepts
- Application examples of structural fire engineering
Please send an abstract (about 1 page) by email to email@example.com until 15th may 2023. The contributions are accepted in German or English language.
The function of the scientific board is the academic monitoring of the symposium and the review of the submitted abstracts and papers.
Members of the Scientific Board are:
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Frangi, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Prof. i. R. Dr.-Ing. Dietmar Hosser, TU Braunschweig, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Björn Kampmeier, Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal, Germany
- Dr.-Ing. Christoph Klinzmann, hhpberlin Ingenieure für Brandschutz, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Markus Knobloch, RU Bochum, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Mensinger, TU München, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Schaumann, LU Hannover, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jochen Zehfuß, TU Braunschweig, Germany
Participation fee and registration
The participation fee is € 110. It includes the digital available conference documents and refreshments during breaks. It will be charged with the confirmation of your registration and account.
Cancellation is free of charge until 01st august 2023. In case of later cancellation or non-attendance the fee are not refundable.
You are requested to apply in time, preferably online on the website of the Braunschweiger Brandschutz-Tage. Here you receive also further information regarding the event and accommodation in Braunschweig.